But anywho, here's some stuff I've been reading today that I found interesting:
- David Frum examines the claim that the GOP is the problem with government right now.
- Democracy in America talks about how the vast majority of Americans (Dems, Repubs, and Independents) who have been informed on what goes into our defense budget want to cut defense spending.
- Matt Yglesias talks about how John Boehner promises to
destroy America's economyhave another debt-ceiling showdown.
- Scott Sumner discusses how the European Central Bank is
shoving its head into an ovendestroying the Eurozone with its terribad monetary policy.
- Ezra Klein talks about how one of America's foremost legal experts is challenging the filibuster's constitutionality.
- And finally, an amusing comic I found on Krugman's blog about alien invasions and austerity policies:
Everybody do the confidence dance.